Thank you for giving us the pleasure of introducing you to our resort and the wonder of Northern Minnesota. The Mille Lacs area is a year round opportunity for fun. It's great for Family Reunion, Work Outings, Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties or just for a Family and Friends get away.
Located on Lake Mille Lacs in Garrison, Minnesota - this world famous lake features some of the best Walleye, Jumbo Perch, Bass, Northern and Muskie Fishing available today. Whether it's open water fishing on our Spacious Fishing Launches in the Summer, Ice Fishing in 2-14 Person Ice Houses in the Winter, or taking advantage of our relaxing Overnight Accommodations, a good time will be had by all. Lake Mille Lacs is Minnesota's second-largest lake covering 132,000 acres with 76 miles of shoreline. The average depth is around 20 feet, but some hot spots are as deep as 40 feet. The Lake Mille Lacs area offers year round activities including: fishing, biking, golfing, hiking, hunting, swimming, skiing, ice fishing, snowmobiling and just plain relaxing!
Twin Pines Resort, South of Garrison on St. Albans Bay of Mille Lacs, got its start in 1940-41. The resort’s name came from two tall pine trees that stood towards the lake from the original wood-frame lodge building. Now long gone, these majestic “twin pines” towered above the nearby treeline and the old lodge, and served as landmarks for Mille Lacs anglers, boaters, and Twin Pines customers.
Popular Mille Lacs fishing guide Johnny Hamilton, and his wife Violet, were “Naturals” for starting their new Mille Lacs fishing resort, Twin Pines. Violet was a daughter of pioneer resorter Albin Johnson, who developed Seguchie Resort down the road. Johnny was boat man and fishing guide at Seguchie in the ‘20s and ‘30s. From its earliest days, and through its succession of owners, Twin Pines has featured launch-fishing for Mille Lacs walleyes. Ditto for meals and refreshments. Several slot machines, still legal in Minnesota until the later 1940s, were an option for early Twin Pines visitors.
Today’s large modern lodge and our motel were built by Frank and Pearl Groff, who operated Twin Pines for a quarter-century beginning in 1945. Over the years, right through today’s Eno Era, Twin Pines accommodations—dining room, bar, lodging, launch fleet, and winter-fishing operation—have been constantly updated.